Bernie asked me along for below 42 launch at Indochine Clarke Quay last week. It her work commitment and I still marvel at the fact of work & pleasure rolled into one. (Although it becoming more like a chore for her).
Quite a huge place with funny layout and buddha statues plus colorful big clothes swarming around... Interesting! We bumped into Bernie's group of giggly silly ex-emerald hill girls after her brief intro with this ang moh boss of indochine. I heaved a sigh of relief that we not gonna be hanging out with them after all and we next went in q for this really ice cold (literally!) corner where the range of vodka is! Other than the ugly coats we gotta don, it was really perfect temperature at minus 13 and endless shots of manuka honey with people whom I have just met for the first time but talking like we were best of friends! Strange how a few well-placed bottles of below 42 can do for everyone.
By the time we came out, I lost one of my earrings and both rings on my wedding finger!! A flutter of panic later, I almost kissed that ang moh who miracuriously found my rings (the earring was gone forever though)! If not, Wilson would have killed me...
Bernie went on to 'entertain' her stakeholders while she left me with this bunch of men who I think sprouted from the floor from nowhere! I began to lose track of what mango or mangosteen vodka mix I was given and all of them looked the same after a while. I don't know why sometimes I even bother chatting with these ugly men, hahahaha! Guess I don't know how to be nasty yet...
1 comment:
yo dearie girlie...
it's 42-below vodka, not below 42... (*faint*)...
It was fun that night, but yeah, sad thing that you lost your earrings...
*sigh... better engage bodyguards to look after ya things next time anyone invite you to vodka party yah... hahahha...
Ciao baby!
Post a Comment