Thursday, August 11, 2005

8800

Been eyeing this for a while.

My first phone was Nokia 8850, I always have a penchant for silvery metallic-looking phones. So when 8850 fell apart, I was trying to make up my mind over which model should I get and my bro kindly lent me his spare phone meantime. Slightly over a year has passed and I haven't decided yet(of cos still hogging my bro's spare phone)... untill Nokia 8800 came along. Just speaking the numbers on my lips makes me tinger!! Mmmmm, 8800 !! Slight problem is that 8800 costs over a grand ($1398 to be exact), alot of $$$ especially when I am earning pittents now. I was brought up to believe that if I really wanted something, I work for it! When I was young, if I wanted a desktop, I did holiday job to save up for it. I am never a materialistic girl.. I have friends around me who will only go out with men who drive, or men who can spurgle, ..even my brother's girlfriend demanded a LV bag or diamond pendant from him!

Looking back, I have never ever demanded anyone (including my x-boyfriends and my husband) for anything. If I wanted something real bad, I will fork out myself BECOS I strongly believe I can buy it on my own. i do not like the feeling of owe-ing somebody anything... I will feel so damn guilty! When I was doing sales, this is all very easy, I mean what is a grand if it is slightly more than 10% of my monthly income?? But now, $$ is a problem. My initial thought was to save up for it and my Mr Koh actually offered to get it for me a month ago. But then again I refused. Linda was telling me she don't understand why I felt guilty for accepting Mr Koh's offer. I mean, I don't have a problem with life being difficult, I just have a problem if I am made to feel inadequate.

However just this week, something changed my mind.... Wilson told me he had a payrise. Hmm, which means he only need to 'sacrifice' 2 months of his pay increment to get me 8800!! Whoa, life is indeed good to me!

No comments: