The picture on the right is one we took during Adeline's 21st birthday. All of us knew each other when we were 17.... Ailei, Xiaofen, Karen, Ade, me and Qian-Jie (left to right). Qian-Jie and Ailei used to be secondary school friends so they knew each other longer. Karen and Ade came from Anglican High so they knew each other longer too. Xiaofen and Ade even more incredible - primary school friends!! Oh I need to explain here how Qian-Jie's name came about! She is the tallest amongst us all so we all call her Jie-Jie!!! Her full name is Zhang Xuqian but I am so used to Qian-Jie that 'Xuqian' feels weird on my lips! My husband even more funny, he thought all along Qian-Jie's name is 'Qian-Jie'... until I asked him why he calls her that even though he is much older than she is!! So I told him that she is 'Xu qian' and then he thought her surname is 'Xu' with a single name 'Qian'... Wahahahah, so blur-sotong husband!!!
This picture is one where we had our first X'mas party! Our theme was golden theme and Yunyun's the proud winner when she spray paint her whole pair of shoes a gold colour.... talk about 'no horse run'! So in exchange, she was crowned the winner with a tiara on her head and bamboo pole on her arm like how Ms Universe should be crowned!! My my!!! We should get a sash and a bouquet of flowers to complete the whole look...This year we have settled on a theme " Lace & Leather". Unless somebody else comes up with a better idea if not, we all got to put on our thinking caps on how to dress the part. Every year, I am almost embarrassed to step out of the house dressed ridiculously but every year this is the only celebration I really look forward to.
I can understand why 'Friends' is such a popular sitcom. I missed watching 'Friends'. It really one of those serial that you know no matter what happens, it won't let you down. You want humor, they have it - you want day-to-day lives, they have it - you want kookiness, they have it - and if you want to cry, they have some emotional scenes too!!!So this entry is a tribute to those of you here who made my life spetacular. I believe that when we get the chance to witness each others' happiness (like in this picture where Xiaofen's getting married), this chance is not a coincidence. It happens because we were there for each other when we were down, when we were miserable, when we saw what made each other upset. And because our strings were bonded over such times that we remembered that we want these same people to share our happiness too. I will never want to let any of you go too far away from me, our relationship has transcended over time. We will continue to spend our birthdays and our x'mas and our mooncake festivals and our new year and and and..........together. The more I see it, the more I think Karen's vision will come true: We will sleep side by side next to one other in old folks' home.
No comments:
Post a Comment