Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Part of the statistics

Politics has never been my cup of tea and I can be considered part of the statistics of Singaporeans (young) who are indifferent about who governs the country; let alone dissect/ discuss the various policies this island has. As long as there is something in it for me, I don't really give a damn if it's part of political agenda... I mean, I will be the last to complain about progress package, NSS, etc even if the purpose is clearly a form of propaganda. Right?

So I surprised myself when I actually bothered to sit through the whole dialogue between MM Lee and a bunch of mostly journalists supposedly representing the general youth community. Kinda hard to maintain a demeanor of disinterest. The mix of mostly journalists in the group wasn't really something to shout about to start with and the more I 'watched' the dialogue, the more I admired MM Lee's wisdom. He is truly a leader, his thoughts processed so fast forward that it undermined his exterior apprearance. Then again, I can't understand why somebody who had the oppurtunity to speak with Lee Kuan Yew will ask something stupid. Mind-numbing stupid questions. It's like if somebody gives you the chance to grab as much money as possible in the next 10seconds, would you behave stupidly and waste that 10sec by giggling nervously and then running off?? BAH!!
" With the PAP strength & reach to the mass via the media, etc, isn't it an unfair playing ground for the opposition party?"
What a silly question right? Competition is all about being able to prove that one is strong and the other party is weak. What better way to prove this than to amass whatever 'ammunition' you have and launch a out-right campaign? You mean if I know that something is to my advantage, I don't turn it around to leverage meh? 'Gong-gong' sit there wait for you to shoot me in the back meh? No right? Wa Lau... and you call yourself a journalist.

Oh did I also mention I went to listen to a rally in Yio Chu Kang Stadium? SDP speakers for three hours, kinda funny and interesting the way they speak in Hokkien, Malay, Mandarin, etc. Mostly about upgrading of lifts, yawwwwwwn!! The most amusing part for me is when they retorted on the discussion that Chiam See Tong is too old. They actually said he is 71 years young because anybody below the age of 82 in Singapore is considered young, wahaha!

No comments: