You know how it is like when typing the title in English? Like "New Year (again!)" but it's so weird to see it directly translated to "新的一年(又是!)"... Ha ha ha ha.
To usher in an OXpicious year, I shall attempt to type a string of well-wishes - 恭祝大家在牛年里:
富贵花开,福气高昂
事事顺心,时时愉快
身体安康,升官发财
美满笑容,每天幸福!
Chinese New Years have always been a non-event for my family as we have no other relatives here. So unless we go back to Malaysia, there's nothing much on 初一 and 初二 when most of my friends have their own (extended) family gatherings and it's weird to interrupt other families' house visiting.
Past years have seen us catching Lunar chinese films in cinemas, roaming the Ang Bao River playing overpriced carnival games or bidding for some useless ornaments. This year, we went to Sentosa for... ...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...

Yes! To say I love flowers is an understatement. Flowers are so pretty, bright, fragrant, and amazing! And apparently, this flower fair boosts an array of different specimens, a learning gallery, giant grass/ flowers sculpture, walls/ structures entirely made of flowers and innovative ideas that primary school kids came up with. Get ready for my tons of pictures!!!
Yellow!!!

My mum says this is ribena; so when you boil this flower, you get ribena juice. All along I thought ribena's made from grapes? Or are there grapes within the bud?

Mama also say this is '天公花', the kind used to 拜天公。 Used to see them when I was young but had never seen them coming out from the soil in abundence like this!

There are colours galore!!! I couldn't remember the name of the blue flowers at all. I am not even sure if they are real or fake and let me tell you, the blues look better in the picture than in real life.

We took lots of other pictures all around Palawan Beach.

But what impressed me were the mini 'architectural' brainstorms of primary school kids. They displayed the flowers around the CNY theme plus recycled materials. I posted those that deserved much applause in terms of ideas/ effort (in my opinion).




There were further displays around Imbiah and we decided to take the skyride from Palawan Beach over to Imbiah Lookout area. My mum's really funny. Noticed how she sat in between the black triangular dividers instead of the divider between the thighs as positively illustrated by my papa??? She kept holding to her skirt for fear of it flying up and she told me to 'giap' my sandals tightly in case our shoes dropped out!

Over at Imbiah, the only fascinating display was the huge floral wall. Different designs on both sides of the wall.

I think I am so attracted to red family; most shots are of red, pink, orange or yellow flowers. So my parting shot will be one on trees!!!

...
...
...
BUT I can't resist another last shot to peek out from the reds!!!

Here's wishing all of you a healthy and wonderous Lunar New Year...
HENG AH!!!
HOR AH!!!
HUAT AH!!!
3 comments:
wow! So nice...
actually when i saw tis sentosa huay fest's ad on TV, 1st thought was that "where got pple go see huay in sg de??!"...
haha... so u were 1 of this "pple"!
I'm so happy you're back to your happy self!! See you this week for lunch!
tks, luxlass!
Post a Comment