Monday, October 05, 2009

Fancy Mooncake

Last year, my BIL got me this:

http://costesamour.blogspot.com/2008/09/food-drinks-related.html

This year he got me Majestic's durian ones since I tried the lychee last year. First of all, I have to show off the packaging to all of you (naturally!). It's the same pattern of motif, I guess it's their signature. While last year's box is housing my manicure stuff now, I think I am going to just throw away this year's box!


Why? Because this year's box is totally user-friendly-less!!! Noticed the 'fasterner' on the box - it's difficult to get them to come undone. Plus people with hefty hands would find it even more difficult. And when you opened the box, it kind of just flops open like the picture below.


See what I mean? Totally user-friendly-less!!! Now let's talk about the mooncake itself. Call me tradtional-at-heart but mooncakes without the lian rong or egg yolk just doesn't cut it for me. These days, mooncakes are so fancy - they are just like desserts peddled and sold as mooncakes. But if I were to grade this durian thingy as a dessert, it would score very high indeed!!! Because the durian itself is simply fragrant and mouthwatering - just imagine eating durians as if they were freshly out from the durian shell but with snowskin on top of it!!!
Go try!!!

No comments: