Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Waka Waka Eh Eh... This Time for Afrika!!!

Everyday, my routine included a stop to Singapore Pools ever since World Cup 2010 kicked off on 11 June.  I have been religiously logging on daily to the website to pore over the odds and then reporting dutifully to Singapore Pools to place my bets.  

The only exception was last weekend (both Sat and Sun) because I was rushing to and from RWS (Resorts World Sentosa) and basically too tired out from dancing that I simply had no time to sleep, let alone analyse odds.

If you asked me if I win or lose... frankly I have lost track.  I don't play big and my bets ranges from $5 - $30 per game.  I think I won most games but the payouts are not much.  Maybe just enough to cover those games I lost.  So most likely, I figured either I broke even or even lost a little... so far.

But hey, it's all just for fun... I am definitely not a gambler.  The thrill lies in the knowledge that I got it right just by studying the odds.  Plus I don't really support any teams although I admit some teams are really talented.

The only time people lose big is when emotion took over logic.  AS IN the CLASSIC EXAMPLE of the 3 Kittens... clearly, these pussycats are simply lousy but still there were loads of supporters out there on FB.  It's not us who's smarter but you who's stubborn and probably too embarassed to even acknowledge that: hey you are really on the wrong supporting camp.

No amount of loyalty or positive feelings for that team can make up for the sheer stupidity of having the reality slapping you back in your face.

Now, having said all that, I have yet to reveal that I have been a fan of Maradona since I was a little girl.  And so that's where my allegience lie.  But I am logical; not emotional.  So far the odds speak of them having a fairly good chance at the trophy.  The only team standing a better chance is Brazil... speaking from the odds' point of view, naturally.

No comments: