Ok, so now the first phrase that I am sharing is 'tu'. Yesterday I was on WA with my ex-roomie, Ailei.
She asked me what is 'tu'. The explanation: tu is 就 in Hokkien
If I say something like:" My boss ask me to reply the email, so I tu reply the email loh."
It means:" 我老板叫我回应电邮,那我就去回应咯。"
Get it?
The second phrase is “Yes si Yes si”
If you watch the Noose, you will be super familiar with one of the character by the name of Lulu. She is from China and she pronounced ‘Yes’ as Ye-si ye-si.
(Side track: I don’t know why this new blogger layout makes typing this entry a chore, keeps hanging. So I am going to stop at just 3 phrases will do… Zzzzzzzzzzzzz)
The third and last phrase is “Ka Pom!” This is my favourite among the rest. Because this is describing my favourite action at the end of a tiring work day - after I bathe and change into my PJs, both hands out at either of my sides, I plonked down hard onto my comfortable bed!
So it’s KA POM!!! To describe the sound when plonking down.
Therafter, I will reach out for my iphone to play some iphone games before dozing off :) :) :)
Super happy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment