I am so excited and happy!!!! My bellydancing school just emailed me that I am selected to embark on their intensive training programme. Below was the email sent out for the details of the audition:
Want to be part of BDD dance team? Here’s your opportunity. We are looking for new dancers.
The selection is based on your dance techniques, grace, musicality and creativity. Selected candidates will be offered a pre-dancer contract with intensive dance training. They will be trained to perform for all types of events and audience.
Auditions are only applicable for Bellydance Discovery students.
You will be required to present 2 dance pieces
1) Middle Eastern (Classical/ Fusion)
2) Any form of dance (Modern, Hip hop, Jazz, Chinese, Ballet, Bellydance & etc)
You will be required to dance at least 2 minutes of your dance choreography. It is not a problem if you can’t dance to the full choreography.
Please read the followings rules and regulations to follow. Thank you.
1) Each of you will be allocated max. 10-15mins so please DO NOT be late.
2) Music CD shall be handed over only during audition (at Studio mini) before you dance.
3) If you need costume change from 1st dance to 2nd dance, please let us know and we will call in the next participant for 1st dance audition before your 2nd dance item
4) If you have a dance partner, please inform your dance partner to be ready in advance. (Note : your dance partner will not be part of the audited dancer)
5) There will be a short interview session right after you have presented your 2nd dance item. This interview session shall be part of Questions and Answers sessions so if have doubts about our Dancers’ Contract & expectation, feel free to ask during the interview session.
I still don't really know what the contract entails. Nor did I expect to be chosen as I changed one part of my cheoreography 15minutes prior to my alloted time. Some more I missed some of the steps during the audition which I pretended I didn't make and plastered a silly smile across my face to continue with the rest of the dance. Aiyah, zhong er yan zi, I think I was really really nervous.
But I am so so happy now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment