I feel more settled these days. It's not easy to deal with changes especially when one gets older. My new colleagues are really nice people and easy to talk to. Just that they seldom talk and now that it's my third week that I know why... Everyday there are just so so many things to do!! On the flip side, this means I am juggling quite a lot of things on my plate now but life is all about how you look at it. I like to think that it's enriching to be able to have the chance to expand my expertise and I still get to go off work on quite normal hours around 5plus latest 6pm.
Sometimes I wonder what is it really like to change job to become a full-time housewife? I guess my mum made this occupation looked really breezy with stereotyped inevitable naggy personality. I used to think housewives are naggy because they just want to have some human interaction while working. i mean, what fun is there if there are no co-workers? Talk to the chair? To my surprise, I did some discoveries on my own.
The story begins like all other stories: One fine bright cheery Sunday morning (not too long ago), I woke up after a good night's rest. I decided to make my husband breakfast so that he can sleep in abit more. So I brought my ass down to NTUC and bought ingredients. Then I decided to buy extra ingredients either to cook dinner the next day or dinner the very same day. After much sweat and jumping away from splattering oil, I managed to serve up a delicious platter of brunch - consisting of ham, tomatoes, french toast, mushrooms, baked beans and asparagus!! He kissed me for being such a fantastic person on Sunday... Hahah! I thought I did great too. By the time I washed up it was about 1pm. Phew! I read a book on my bed, relaxed a bit, danced a bit and then lo and behold!!!! It's time to prepare dinner! It was at this point that I suddenly feel like I understand a little of what my mum has gone through. It's like I barely sat down to rest and the very next minute, I had to gear up for prep work again. It's quite a chore to think of what to cook so that I can buy the correct ingredients and the best perfect timing to start cooking is when by the time family member comes home (in my case is by the time he woke up from his nap), all the three dishes are already cooked and still warm and ready to be eaten. Quite a challenge to control the timing lei!
As I was firing away instructions for him to prep the table for dinner to be served amoidst all my sweat (again!), there's this deja vu feeling that; hey I sound exactly like my mum! NAGGY to infinity and beyond.... And I get totally confused who's getting the last laugh. Cos for sure I am not the one, hee hee.
No comments:
Post a Comment