For reasons both known and unknown to me, I am feeling down. What does it take to always be up? Or rather what does it take to go up when I am down? The only piece of uplifting event (which some of you may already know) for me now is the Ms S'pore Universe (MSU).
I was reading a novel and chanced upon Einstein's theory of relativity - I won't claim to know his full theory; but he's indeed smart. How depressed one feels is wholly relative to how one has felt happiness before. Only when you have ever experience the kind of immense joy before, would you then know how crashing misery can be. Because one knows he/ she had been capable of having that kind of immeasurable feeling of being able to conquer the world before, when one was truly truly happy. Relativity. Time passes in a flash. Time passes slowly. Relativity.
如没离别时的痛苦,
那有相逢时的喜悦.... Relativity.
Time passes in a flash - When I am at work, at play, etc
Time passes slowly - the few moments before falling asleep, the creepy sound of silence
Relativity.
___________________________________________
Unrelated topic.
I was reading those credit card deals that usually accompanies your monthly statements. Came across this section titled :"One-for-one dining deals".... 1-4-1 ala carte lunch, 1-4-1 set dinner, 1-4-1 Shark's & Fin, 1-4-1 buffet, 1-4-1 main course... as I run down the list.
And then my eyes stopped at this: 1-4-1 dessert
Why the hell would the offer be just for desserts? It's like ok you come to my high-class restaurant to dine, when you order a glass of iced water, I give you another glass for free. What's the point of putting forward such an offer, I wonder. By the way, this place is known for its ambience and main course.
No comments:
Post a Comment