Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Is drinking every other day considered often?

MON - DRINK
___________
Finished a bottle of wine over dinner with Kristan. We had loads to talk about and I carry away with me some thoughts that were spin-offs from our conversation; one of which is how things change around us without our notice. All the time. We were probably the 4th group of diner when we got to Ma Maison. Without us noticing it, an hour later, the place was filled up! And we wondered where and when these people came from! I mean, I hardly notice anybody else walking in and being shown to their table seats! But then it's always been like that. All the time. Things are just constantly happening in our world. Constantly revolving, the world won't stop for anyone. One day, you may wake up and find your loved one gone! And you thought it happened overnight. Well, it didn't. Things are constantly happening without your NOTICE! So start noticing now before it's too late. I am starting to tell my parents in a conservative way that I love them. I took my lead from Kristan and told my mum that I had insurance coverage in case I am not around. It's a subtle way.

Things are changing in my office too - Ceri gave birth 2 weeks ago, my FH is assuming the AML role and I was given the opportunity to assume the FH role. It's a fast track for my career, everybody that I talked to assured me that it's a great great step up the ladder. I didn't accept the role although I know deep down this chance won't come knocking again. And my reasons are best left alone, not to be brood over now.

After Ma Maison, we head off for some more drinks over at Bala. It's quiet, not crowded at all on a Monday night but still manage to bump into someone I know. People used to say the world's small huh? I like to think that it's Singapore that's small, not the world.

TUES - NO DRINK
______________
After work, MLR drove me, MN, CN and LKP over to Cerilene's to see how she's doing and to pass her our department's collective gift for Baby Ashton. (Well, I was tasked to pass her March payslip, income tax advice plus another baby gift at the same time so I am a bit of a Santa Claus, kee hee!) MN was suppose to direct MLR but we still lost our way! I can't believe that we can get lost when I am in the company of 4 men. Men are better with directions?? Not true in this case!!! It's more like each tried to give their own sets of directions and ended up confusing poor MLR. In the car, the conversation goes like this:

Me: Wow, I have been to Jurong C'try Club (as the vehicle passed by the place)
MLR, MN, LKP & CN: WHOA HOO!! Gineeeee!!! Yeah!
Me: ?????
MLR, MN, LKP & CN: Have you been to the toilet there?
Me: Oh ya cos!!
MLR, MN, LKP & CN: Oh right!!! YEAH!!! Gineeeeee
Me: ???
(As the vehicle pass by Science Centre)
Me: Hey, me been there too!
MLR, MN, LKP & CN: HOO YA!!! YIPPEE!!!!
Me: ???
MLR, MN, LKP & CN: Have you been to Snow City?
Me: No ah....
MLR, MN, LKP & CN: OH nooooooo......
MLR: Wait, we suppose to turn here?
MN: Hmm, suppose to turn earlier.

Oh I got to tell you people that LKP is my official buddy for PSP now. He is a life saviour who loads games that I liked onto my PSP. *beam* *grin* Ok, back to Ceri, when I stepped into Ceri's home, it's like a tourist attraction lor. See the picture below??? Her husband's hobby is to collect toys and set them up like this!!! And I didn't even mention her husband's human height fish tank yet lo! Oh, I miss Ceri actually, feels weird not seeing her around in office.

WED - DRINK
____________
Before heading over to Jen's place, I dropped in on Pearl and we knocked back a glass of wine each. SO excited for her about Japan trip and am so looking forward to seeing her pictures when she's back. I am thinking if I should go with her to BKK the weekend after.

And so by the time the party started at Jen's, we were really famished!! Look at the yummy spread!!! Mary dear, the below pictures were specially taken so that you know that we miss your presence!!! We had a great time playing triple 7 (I think Mike, Don and me got it the most number of times). It's really a purely drinking game but of cos Steffi doesn't drink she had water. The catch is she cannot take pee-breaks but she sneakily did! Mary, I must tell you something: Steffi has changed!!! The old Steph would mean what she says but the new Steph is so so cheeky now lor! THURS - NO DRINK
________________
Healthy today, ate healthy food, healthy soup for dinner at Raffles City with my divas. Even the NY cheesecake and Oreo cheesecake we ate felt healthy to me!! Oh and the cakes were half price when we ordered after a certain timing.... Good Lei!

FRI - DRINK
__________
My two nameplates seem to confuse people. Let me explain: I got 'Gine' first before I got 'Gorgeous' as a gift. As a result my neck would appear as 'Gine Gorgeous' instead of the other way round. Would someone please make 'Is' for me? So that I can wear three kim tiao at one go!!! SO that I can put a connecting word(or isit verb?) between my two existing nameplates! Kee hee hee.

So it was really funny when Alex came out of nowhere and said:" You guys look so perverted!" And when I reflect back, it was indeed a funny sight from afar; the 4 men were standing in a circle around me staring intently at my neck/ chest. In the wee hours outside Velvet. The truth is they were just trying to figure out my nameplates. Before heading for supper. Kee hee hee.

SAT - DRINK
__________
Went for Baby Zhong Ray 'shower' and was glad could see Ade & Katie before I had to run. Katie's a happy, healthy, friendly, 10mth-going-on-11month baby girl and I am so proud to know it's a result of Ade's good parenting. So even when the going gets tough, my dear friend, take heart in your acheivement - take heart that your girl will always hold you in high regard and that you n Lemon would always impact her life. Forever and ever.

Was at Clarke Quay at night, the sake at Sun&Moon sucks big time!

SUN - NO DRINK
__________
My best buddy picked me up from Raffles City so that we can go Graze for brunch. We have never been there but the place's cool, very laid-back, trees, white billowing curtains on top and we sat outdoors. Was drizzling abit so opted for valet parking. Valet that cost $8 (isn't that a tad ex?).

Took a shot view from our table, kinda chill huh, don't you think? Even though it's taken with my handphone camera - no megapixels, VGA mode. My best buddy happened to bump into friends who sat right next to us. Talk about coincidence! So ulu, yet still can see familiar people. See what I mean? Singapore's small, not the world.

My best buddy ordered this... and I ordered that. We thought of sharing pancakes. Luckily, we didn't. Cos we realised the food comes in sizable portions. Else, we would have been uncomfortably full or puke.


Doing a mental tick-off... Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat. Not too bad. I am a social drinker. I did ask myself if I am dependent on alcohol. To be honest, sometimes yes, sometimes no. When the going gets tough, I tend to need them to unwind. But gone are the days that I get myself pissed drunk. Because it's irresponsible behaviour. To worry your loved ones, to make wrong choices, to inconvenience friends to take care of you, to hurt someone who trusted you. All because of being happy for that moment, for being too focused on self-happiness, for putting oneself before anything else. And that, my friends, has consequences. When you are all alone the next morning nursing not only a hangover, but a disturbed heart that will no longer be as at peace or content as you thought it did the night before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! Im so envious of your gathering. Wish I were there! However it is nice to see photos of you all, thanks. Glad you are blogging regularly, unlike me. I try to, but Ive been too tired from travelling, making decisions, making the best of time to complete projects. Im more drained than tired lately..
I MISS you SO MUCH.
and of coz, jen, steph, mike n don.
Keep being a sunshine dear,
love
bee