On a journey of the heart, there's so much to see.
As long as we believe, love doesn't get older.
You'll be right here, right here with me. Kissing, kissing."
If you have Blue Bar album, look under Disc 2 for the song - Kissing (by Bliss). Else, buy the SNTC soundtrack. The feeling one gets from listening to this song is really breezy and dreamy. That it should always be about a journey of your heart, of connecting your mind and soul and then relaying all that effectively to the one you kissed. "We could fly, You and I. On a cloud, Kissing, kissing." Never let it be just a foreplay when it could be so much more. Where it can vibrate your core while generating a one-ness value you attach predominantly to cosmic that is so intangible. Of almost being able to believe that the end is worth all the mountain climbing you have to go through in the beginning. ______________________________________________
20th Jul 08
To be a Mrs World contestant, you have to be married of course.
To be a Classic Mrs World contestant, you have to fulfill the above and be above 41 years old.
Interesting that there was a talent section.
Interesting that their husbands get to serenade them on stage during the Q&A session. I am so bored of my own costumes!!!
Dear Anita came to my rescue... with her deep green velvet set.
I really loved the hair band (it's not a flower by the way).
Our performance was about 10 minutes, I whittle it down to 4+ minutes so that it can be loaded here. Anybody noticed that I stepped accidentally on my skirt at one point in time and almost lost my balance???
Skirt too long and was sewing away to shorten it the night before and still end up stepping on bits on it. Aiyo, next time don't be so hiao can??? Women!!! Swap costume here and there. 吃饱没事做!Crazy.
______________________________________________
Thank you to those who volunteered your set of Olympic mascots to me or offered to buy me one.
______________________________________________
Also thank you to those who made an effort to celebrate my birthday in one way or another. Now that I have grown up yet another year, I cherish all of you who have seen me in good and bad shape; who made me see that life should be colourful and whom, with your presence, made my world a bearable one.
Thank you particularly to my divas, I am very touched by the surprise you all sprung.
______________________________________________
Tend to get sick if I eat BBQ food so I prefer to BBQ the food instead of eating them. I only ate one chicken wing, three sausages and one skewer of prawn... still end up having slight sore throat and fever over the weekend! Along with my bandaged feet! Sprained toe/ lingament, whatever the sinseh say. How bad can things get??!! And the night cough haunts me again. 真的好难受喔! 是不是妈妈没有去庙帮我拜拜?
And over the same weekend, I had two house party invites - one in the east, one in the north. Can't turn up for both at all with such a battered body. So annoying eh?
______________________________________________
And so today, I hobbled to and fro work still with the bandage. It's extremely exhausting!!! I didn't even step out of the office much since my colleagues kindly offered to packet lunch for me. I was so exhausted with all the hobbling that I plop myself onto the bed straight after work and slept for 3 hours straight. Machiam like work in construction site whole day or what?
The strange thing is, strangers tend to be kinder when they see that you are an invalid. They hold the door open, wait up a bit in the lift, etc. The cleaner who saw me in the toilet asked me not to walk around too much; I said I need to shu-shu right? And then a stranger walked up to me whilst I was on my way home and tried to teach me the correct 'technique' to walk. Try not to lift the whole foot up but just dragged it along, stranger said. I replied that I am afraid of spoiling my slipper which was why I lifted my foot a wee bit when walking. Stranger smiled at me and left me to my 'technique' of hobbling.
So the next time I am ever so ready to be a cynic of Singaporeans; remind me that today proved that there are kind souls around, would ya?
No comments:
Post a Comment