I taught at PSA (P********* Sales Academy) last Friday and was embarrassed that I seemed like a 'deaf & blind' trainer. Because my nose was affecting my ears, I couldn't hear very clearly the questions that some of the agents raised. And when my hearing's affected, it made me not pay attention to some putting their hands up in the air and this rendered me partially 'blind'. So now you know, ENT is very much connected - ear, nose and throat. Standing and talking for 2 over hours felt a bit woozy and I decided to take off my shoes. Hahaha, but because the room was quite packed to the brim and I am very close to the audience, I don't think they would notice my bare feet very much.
I went to work wearing my glasses - you know how it's like to feel not wanting to doll up when one feels sick? So this was how I looked when I left my house.

Frankly my friends, do I look hideous in my glasses? A colleague from another department walked past my desk and let out a gasp of shock when she saw me. She said I looked tired in my glasses, dishevelled hair, pale face and all... Is it that bad???
Compare that to this one taken recently. I was so happy when someone thought I was 26 or 27. Hahaha! Never mind whether he was speaking the truth or just flattering me but it's probably my straight hair and bangs that removed a few years from my actual age. Kee hee! Hmm, I may consider keeping my hair straight for a while more before contemplating curls again then...
But seriously, as one more candle is added to my birthday cake each year, it is hard not to admit the degeneration of my physical body. There was a time I could make do with 5 or 6 hours of sleep daily without a trace of it showing. Now just one day of less than 7 hours began to take its toil on me. I overstretched myself; foolishly thinking it couldn't dent me much. I think I fell ill partly because of that hectic Saturday:
10+am - left home for troupe practice
2+pm - made our way down to Claymore for double veil class
5+pm - rushed home to prepare for gig
7+pm - reached Keppel Club
9pm - finished gig, changed out of costume
9+pm - reached Pyramisa
11pm - too tired to wait for Kyoko's last set of performance and headed home
The next day, I woke up at 1pm, nap from 4-6pm and slept again at 9pm. And the whole week that followed, I never made it past 9pm because of the drowsy medication. It became quite a fun thing for me to try and fight off the drowsiness! Now, my record's 45 minutes before I knocked out. Haha!... Ok, enough of sleepy talk; I'll tell you a little bit more on Pyramisa. Was there with Anita and her visiting friends. Boy, they had so much energy, the pair of father-daughter kept moving their head to the music throughout our entire meal! And that was infectious... they were loads of fun and cool to hang out with. Check out daughter, a hippy 14 year-old. Couldn't have guessed her age when I first met her. Bet you didn't know she's that young either.
2 comments:
haha...
ok la.. dun look so bad! ot hideous enough that you will scare pple off...
or to put it correctly... everyday you dolled up to the nicest and one day when you fail to do it.. ppl will sure to notice.
oh ya hor, i never thought of it that way...
jialut, like that means I got no 'natural' beauty... let's go basic beauty buy more masks for me to put at night!
Post a Comment