Monday, December 01, 2008

Blog Surfing

I read his blog on and off these couple of years and he never failed to entertain.

I just have to share this recent one with you all. Click here! else go direct to http://www.kennysia.com/archives/2008/11/things_i_learnt.php

Take special note of his animated graphics.
The 1st one shows that girls just wanna have fun - among girls!
The 2nd one had the silly guys going in for some action, leading to the 3rd with what kenny terms 'dry humping'.
And the last one where they started to introduce themselves.
Happened countless times! And kenny's right: girls are so used to this that we don't bother. The part where they introduced themselves, yeah, I introduce myself and my girlfriends back, but as different names. I have been Steph, May, Audrey and blah blah blah... Anybody's name except my own. It's really not easy to find a spot on the dancefloor where one can dance truly freely. Which is why sometimes it's a good thing to go party with guy friends instead of girls-only group. At least, others steer clear.
______________________________________________

I find Robert Downing Junior downright hot wei! He got into some trouble with his addiction of drugs and drinking but now he's back on track...



Clive Owen's also chio chio papa wei! He's better onscreen compared to pictures.


_____________________________________________

It's frustrating when I have to dance the 'cha-cha' with a stranger man while in a hurry to get to work in the morning.

You know the situation when I and he's travelling in opposite direction - so I meant to walk left, he also walked to my left, so I moved to the right to let him pass and he did the same thing too. This ridiculous cha-cha move went on for 5 seconds too long. And then I just stopped so that we can both make up our damn minds and get on with our lives.

_____________________________________________

You know, in my lifetime, I have not many, maybe one or two encounters of this sort of thing. When you come across someone in a random manner, and you connected with this person almost instantenously in a totally shortcut way.

It usually takes a while before any two persons can form a relationship, and be comfortable enough to share more intimate details about feelings/ thoughts/ events. I am not saying details like what you-did-last-night/week, or simple feelings like I hate techno-music or loved ice-cream, or you know, easy-going conversation where you can chat and joke about anything silly depending on the choice of activity. I am not saying that you cannot form a deeper relationship with anyone, but generally it takes time, you get to know more about a person or tell that person something more soul-baring as you learn to trust a person over time. This is what I call the long-cut way.

The first time I connected with someone in a shortcut way was while I was in the ladies queue. We started chatting. I don't know how to put this connection in words; except to say that it has to be a mutual thing. That the other party also feels a bit strange that there can be some random person whom you just feel so right saying things you keep to yourself only or things you only tell selected people about.

Sadly, because it was so random, we didn't exchange contact details. But I still find myself thinking about her once in a very blue moon. Even though this took place almost 6 years ago. I can clearly remember how funny it felt. She made me feel that if the worst thing on earth has happened, she would be the first person I would run to. Maybe it's her eyes, or her smile. I don't know. 6 years ago, I was 25, she's a year or two older than me. Very pretty but she had the roughest pair of hands that i have ever seen before on a lady. As if she's 40 instead of 27 year old. Behind her rough hands hid her difficult environment. She's very filial.

The second time was sometime this year. It's as if he could look right in and read me very well the very first time we met. It's not anything romantic but rather something very cosmic. I shrugged the weird feeling away and woke up the next day wondering about this person. And later on, I heard from our mutual friend that he was saying the same thing about me. See, it has to be mutual. Again it's hard to put this connection into words. But I am lucky that we are still in touch.

So to all my readers, if you have such encounters before, do share with me. I am curious! Remember, it can be a guy or a girl, nothing romantic but just really someone who feeds your soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think recently I have connected with mums more than anyone else..it may sound auntie but I find mums with babies and toddlers can connect almost instantly even though the meeting was fleeting and brief.

Speaking of mums, Ailei asked me recently what happened at Ascott. She had heard from K. She empathised with me maybe because she has gone thru more than me. But that's not so much my point here..I just want to say that we have different paths in life now but you and your friendship still means so much to me and deep down in my heart, I always want to make an effort so that we can align our interests or even forge the same bond again..I never want to neglect you with my new found motherhood so you will always have a special place in my heart.

ade