Thursday, March 04, 2010

To answer Luxlass's question...

...Yes, in the end, I managed to get my ass to the new restaurant in Pagoh for my cousin's wedding in Dec. It's quite a huge venue with many tables and many friends and many relatives.

So I was seated at this table...Naturally. With red wine served in normal soft-drink glasses instead of proper wine glasses.

The usual drill applied... ie the endless waiting before any serious eating began. So I grabbed Wanxuan to play with me. She was dressed to the nines in a cute little pink frock and her bums puffed up from the thick diapers. Her hair clips are pink too. (Low res pic courtesy of my bro's new BB phone... BB sucks compared to iphones)

Even her shoes are so cute!!! Matching pink frilly socks with deep red mary jane shoes.


A photo with the bride (& her parents) and my 2nd auntie and uncle. I think my cousin(the bride) is 8 or 9 years younger than me.


I left before the dinner ended because I have dancing the next day remember??? It was not easy to drive back...
WHY?
because I had no car to follow (earlier, on my way there, I just had to follow my cousin's car to the restaurant) and I had to try and find my way from the restaurant to the north south highway. The 'mountain' road at night is seriously mind-boggling. It's pitch black and just a narrow 2-lane thing with no street lights. Yes, you are right, one lane to and the opposite lane fro.

I flick my high beam on and off to try to see the road in front... I can't see clearly if the road is curved or straight. Plus I was so pressured because behind me, a row of cars were tail-gating me. And I was already driving at 80-90km/hr (fast by small mountain road standard). Apparently, because I was unfamiliar with the road, I was road-hogging... PAH!


But they were nice, they didn't honked at me, they merely overtook me if the opposite lane has no oncoming cars.
What was a 25min ride by day took me almost 40minutes by night.

So when I finally swerved my car onto the north south highway... I was so so relieved!!! The mountain road made driving on the highway chicken feet in comparison. I didn't realise I was so tensed during the 40min mountain road drive until I felt my lower calves relaxing on the highway.

NO MORE NIGHT DRIVING IN SUA TENG ROAD NEXT TIME!!!!!!

No comments: