So many facebook posts on Japan's tsunami and earthquakes. It's good to see the posts because I don't read the newspaper, so I get my updates from those on FB.
However, to be honest, for this recent spate of news on the natural disasters, I don't feel a thing - no "oh so sad", "oh so poor thing", "oh I hope things get better".
It's not that I'm unsympathetic, I do feel for people who suffered. Those who lost their loved ones are the people who's going to suffer for a long time than those who are dead.
Other than donations and rescue team, I can't see how all the posts on FB helps. And unless you personally know someone who's caught in that situation, if not, you will never ever understand how that someone feels because, well, simply, you are not in his/her shoes. So I hate to read people saying the 'oh so sorry" stuff when it's obvious it doesn't improve things. I rather you shut up and remain silent. Or post something bimbotic like "I'm checking in at xxxxx"
(which by the way is something that irritates me, why the hell would you want to do that?)
So there, I'm kinda indifferent to this whole thing. But I do feel scared that humans are courting our own death. Look at our weather in S'pore... it's pretty haywire - heavy rain and then bright sunshine and then heavy downpour again and then floods. ALL of us know it's a sign that we should do our part not to incur more wrath from Mother Earth... but how?
There are simply no regulations or laws to govern us towards such desirable behaviour. Only more ERPs, haha. The irony.
No comments:
Post a Comment